PARTS LIST AVAILABLE AT: http://azriz.com/gti/parts.pdf
13539535384_39fd10914b_b.jpg

13539323213_3b1d481275_b.jpg

13539217895_2eba6d1259_b.jpg

13539531544_9f30e8df86_b.jpg
And now:​
14050895385_ffebca887d_c.jpg

14027751686_45123512ea_c.jpg

Alright guys, been bugged a lot lately to make a build (or built) thread so here it is. Gunna keep it brief as quite a lot has already happened so here's the short version of the story in rough chronological order:[/size]

THE PURCHASE[/size]

Got her on the 1st of May 2008, here's what she looked like:[/size]

1.jpg
[/size]

2.jpg

3.jpg

First things first - got the front brakes and pads changed on the very day I bought her as they were in very poor shape. Then gave her in to a valetting company to give her a showroom freshness.[/size]

EARLY MODS[/size]

My first mods were Bora Sport clocks, Fk Angel-Eye headlights with HIDs (thanks to Amz for fitting these for me), Aero Wipers, CAI, BBS RC alloys (7.5j Anni ones, freshly refurbed) and a Milltek cat-back exhaust:[/size]

1.jpg
[/size]

2.jpg

5.jpg

LOWERED[/size]

Had her lowered on Bilstein B4 shocks and Apex 45mm springs but these were quickly changed to Eibach 30mm springs as, due to not being very knowledgeable at the time and not getting very helpful advice from any mechanic I knew (unfortunately including AMD) it was low enough to be sitting on the bump stops which made things unbelievably uncomfortable. The eibachs helped for obvious reasons but looked nowhere near as nice as the Apex springs in this pic:[/size]

3.jpg

LITTLE TOUCHES[/size]

Faisal (faisal_16) also helped me out with fitting my delock kit and also doing the Sharan badge mod:[/size]

4.jpg

BRAKES[/size]

I then had a very nice package arrive from DaveB:[/size]

1.jpg
[/size]

2.jpg

3.jpg

So we fitted them...........

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

POWER[/size]

It was then time for some engine work. So I got myself a 2.5" downpipe with a 200-cel Sports Cat. It was then remapped along with a fitment of a silicone TIP to achieve approximately 235bhp. No pics unfortunately.[/size] [/size]

[/size]

BODY WORK[/size]

Thennn of course it was time to have her look the part...went for a de-badged R32 front-end (genuine R32 bumper straight from VW) with Anni Skirts, Anni rear, deleted read badge, painted de-badged grill and 3 lower vents gloss black, and added an LCR splitter:[/size]

1.jpg
[/size]

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

LOWERED MORE[/size]

Then I finally got me some coilovers (Weitecs) and then she sat like this:[/size]

7.jpg

ALSO...[/size]

Since then she's had new rims (to some LM reps for now), carbon grill, carbon dash trim, Eibach 25mm ARBs (birthday present from uni friends J), R32 steering wheel, and with the help of a friend I changed the cambelt/waterpump/thermostat last week. Here are some random pics taken within the last few months by various people (thanks):

1.jpg
[/size]

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

YET TO COME[/size]

LOTS! Looking for more power, FMIC, meth injection, R32/R-line rear with custom exhaust style, tints, new (less common) rims, interior re-trim, TT/R32 hubs and rack, and I'm sure I can list a lot more (unfortunately).[/size]

[/size]

Comments welcome guys, cheers.

Az

·
I ate a big red candle !!
10,384 Posts
Your car looks amazing mate. I love how clean it looks.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Ahhh the man finnaly has a build thread like faisal took 212313 years to make one.. love this car dude and its slick'ness.. and i need that steering wheel in my life!!

·
London Refurbs'
5,615 Posts
Stunning mate, one of my favs on here for sure

Peter
Cheers Peter, I believe we are yet to meet even though we live quite close to each other. Liking the work on your car, you gunna be at the next West End Dubs this Saturday?

Az
Have you ever been done to a Krispy Kreme meet? Ive been there a few times. Problem is most meets are at weird times during the week where im working or i always have something else planned on a weekend. I really should manage my time better lol Well my derv is for sale, i now have a black AUM and im so happy with it. Again, love the car mate.

Peter

·
Legendary
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahhh the man finnaly has a build thread like faisal took 212313 years to make one.. love this car dude and its slick'ness.. and i need that steering wheel in my life!!
LoL thanks bro, believe me, EVERYONE needs that steering wheel in their life! It's soOoOoOo niiiccceee... [:p]

Az

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
mmmm, I can see a GTP video special coming for you! LOL

Need to hear more about said plans we talked about on the phone a while ago. (that's a complicated sentence!)

Looking saaaa-weeeet! mate

·
Registered
518 Posts
Waaay overdue for a build thread Az! A sweet car like yours needs to be shown off & I've seen it in the flesh (or should that be the metal!) and it's even better than the pics!

Keep rolling dude!

Patrick

·
Legendary
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Need to hear more about said plans we talked about on the phone a while ago. (that's a complicated sentence!)

Cheers Ed, yup we need to get working on that, Dele is trying to sort out a little meeting some time soon. In the meantime, can you let Rich know about it in some detail please? [Y]

Waaay overdue for a build thread Az! A sweet car like yours needs to be shown off & I've seen it in the flesh (or should that be the metal!) and it's even better than the pics!

Keep rolling dude!

Patrick
Patrick! Where have you disappeared to?! LoL how is your new TV and stuff going? And is the car running any smoother yet? Thanks a lot for the compliment mate, I think you should start a build thread also, best to start early! Catch you soon hopefully mate, cheers.

Az

·
Registered
4,138 Posts

Cheers Ed, yup we need to get working on that, Dele is trying to sort out a little meeting some time soon. In the meantime, can you let Rich know about it in some detail please?
Yup shall do. I spoke to him about it a while back but I'll give him a shout!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi Az,

Long time no speak! tv is great-lucky I needed a new one with the World Cup & all! The car isn't so good, more problems atm coz currently I can't get reverse! [:(]

But I've got some time off so I'll be spending time with my head under the bonnet! Maybe I'll see you at a meet in the near future.

Cheers mate, Patrick

1 - 20 of 662 Posts