Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Im getin pretty much 400 miles on a full tank of diesel (?40). Is this any good because i think its pretty poop considering what other people are achieving. I dont boot it from A to B, and do a lot of motorway driving at 80.

Im having a service tomorrow at 24k and was wondering if i should have a moan at VW? Thanks!

Hon

·
Registered
125 Posts
put ?40 from just above the red in and im at 450miles and still got one bar distance to go till i hit the red mark from where if illed it up!!

what does your average trip mpg say when you finish your trip??? oh and try keeping below 80mph if you can as that will constantly eat fuel...

have you got 6 gears????

all adds up... but its how you drive it as well do you use the turbo alot to get up to speed to you use the full rev range??? etc etc

·
Registered
796 Posts
that sounds like around 40mpg? something like that? pretty poor!

I'm getting around 47 or 48 mpg on mostly motorway speeds of around 80. if i drop to a constant speed of around 77 or so then I'm looking at 50+

·
Registered
125 Posts
further note ive had my car a week now.... and ive ntoiced as ive gotten more used to it my mpg is getting better... the first day i took it to work i got around 44mpg a week later my driving at 75-80mph to work is getting around 49-50mpg

also ive noticed my mpg would keep going up if i kept on going instead of stopping off for work!!! [:)]

scott

·
Registered
464 Posts
From about ?42 (light on - to full) If I do just motorway miles Ill get about 550. If I do mixed miles it comes down quite a bit to 450ish. I do quite a bit of town driving now due to where my new office is - and im now getting about 380-400 I reckon.

·
Registered
176 Posts
usually get at least 500 from a full tank with my 110

to when the light comes on.

Thats pretty much all urban driving as well with a few blasts thrown in, i usually get the average mpg reading to 50mpg on virtually every

journey! unless its a quick 4-5 mile urban run.

Diesels rock! i cant imagine ever going back to a petrol!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well my mpg usually says about 38/29 mpg when im driving on 150mile stint from london->bristol. I hardly go above 90, mostly about 80. How come im getin such poop :( I thought that 450-500 would sound like a more realistic figure from a PD100.

Oh and its only got 5 gears...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts