Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Of course its a scam. Check out the ' contact me directly' line. Also who in the right mind sells an item in GBP unless they live out of the country.

·
Registered
372 Posts
For the past month (that I have noticed) there is a scam Golf every other day on ebay, usually its a USA seller and a UK car although I have seen a couple that are UK sellers as well, the always have the same excuse that their ebay email inbox is full so contact direct via hotmail or yahoo etc (if the ebay inbox is full - why don't the just click on 'delete'!!)

They also usually have a buy it now price in the description - usually under half of the cars true value but never have an official 'buy it now' ebay method and the auctions are always for 1 day.

Often the number plates are on display - I wonder if they are using old ebay photos from a few months back.

Hopefully no-one gets taken in by them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just recieved an email from the guy hava read and tell me what you think.Hello there,

I know that you have many choices on eBay and I appreciate that you contacted me.
Although I am registered in the UK, but I recently moved in Milano,Italy (where my family is from) and the car is being shipped from here. I made the auction for UK due to the fact it's UK version (right handed), meet all the UK standards, and its better to ship it where it belongs, that means UK, because here in Italy is very difficult to drive this type of vehicle, so i am trying to sell it as low as i can to complete the sale fast (my loss will be your gain). It still has UK registration, cos I didn't paid for Italy import taxes.You will have to pay just the taxes associated with registering it in UK in to your own name. The car meets United Kindom DOT and EPA guidelines so there will be no problems regarding UK Customs policy on receiving the car.
The car is in a perfect cosmetic and engine conditions, and meticulously maintained. No damage, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects, the engine doesn't smoke, runs and sounds awesome, the engine has never been repaired or something like that, never been into accidents and it is as advertised .The car comes with log book, HPI cleared, it is free of encumbrances and liens. You will get from me the keys and all documents to register the item in UK, and also a bill of sale in your name and signed by me.
If the car is not how i described it, i will offer a full refund, upon the return of the item in original condition (return postage at my expense). It will be insured during transportation and will be delivered at your front door in maximum one week. Final price is ?3,700.00 (this price includes the shipping and insurance). I will have ebay to contact you with the transaction details in order to buy under their PURCHASE PROTECTION & REFUND PLAN.

I will wait your email
Respectfully,

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I have seen that story before, I'm sure there was an R32 a while back for sale, ?4000 and it was to be shipped from Italy.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Before i got my golf I was searching the ebay and there was a pd 150 with all leather , sat nav , low mileage etc with the exact story about being in Italy blah blah blah and just thought HELL AM I GOING TO PAY THIS PERSON MONEY!! . I sent an email back to him saying nice try !

·
Registered
31 Posts
Your man is a fucking langer who is tryin to rip people off.....My bird was looking at a 330i from this twat....why dont ebay just ban him????

1 - 17 of 17 Posts