Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

£3000!!! is that true

Mk4 Golf 
Tags
mk4 golf
3K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  Hoofingbloke 
#1 ·
#6 ·
As GaryM says they are definately not recaro's! If they were most recaro's that I've seen have the name stitched into the seats! And the headrests are set differently into the seats aswell on recaro's than normal sports leather seats!

If he wants 3k he's having a laugh! also I reckon he's having a laugh if he reckons they are 3k from the dealer...I thought they were around 1800 quid as an option if that!!!!

#7 ·
Options are always cheaper when taken at the same time as the car purchase.

It wouldn't surprise me if it got up to near that figure for an outright purchase from VW - He is selling front and back seats, all four door cards and a leather armrest.

In my opinion I thing the interior will sell for somewhere around ?750 - ?800.

#10 ·
Quote: posted by Mikedav on 13/03/2004 12:46:17

I think sports seats (Leather) are about ?980 and the Recaros are definetly ?2050 as an option, so either way hes way off base. Not a bad buy for ?400 though!

Trouble is they are upto ?475 already and with 6 days to go....what would you all say to be the upper limit of their value??

Just missed out on Stewarts leather recaros the other day[:(]....?900 and recaros!!

What do i offer to secure them as mine??

Opinions please.....[?]

#12 ·
Id say ?650-?700 maximum. Problem is you are gonna be bidding against people who don't even know about the Recaros, and so they think its the nicest interior you can get - price goes up. Recaros are so rare though, its a tricky one!

As I say wouldn't get carried away, but anything under ?650 Id be happy with

#18 ·
Quote: posted by Rally_Chris on 13/03/2004 14:08:24

Welcome to the crazy world of Eabay where some people will assume it's a good deal and bid just because it's an ebay auction!

Thats why i'm asking guys[:D]...Dont want to get reamed!![V]

However i dont want to lose out again for a couple more quid only i'm trying to guage how far i must go or do i wait for recaros[?]

Could be a long wait[xx(]

#20 ·
Quote: posted by GaryM on 13/03/2004 14:30:04

Have you tried emailing him and asking him how much he would be looking for to end the auction early?

How much are you prepared to pay for them?

Look at the top of the page[;)]

You are asking me what i'm trying to guage from you lot.

Sorry if this thread is going on a bit[:I]

Lot of money IMO to spend without thought/discussion!

#21 ·
Well, Mike says he wouldn't pay no more than ?650, I think they will sell for between ?750 and ?800 so at the end of the day it comes down to how badly you want them, after all you can't control how much other bidders are prepared to bid.

Will he not even give you an indication of what he's looking to sell for?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.